Date: June 5-6, 2017
Venue: Aveiro, Portugal
AlCoB aims at promoting and displaying excellent research using string and graph algorithms and combinatorial optimization to deal with problems in biological sequence analysis, genome rearrangement, evolutionary trees, and structure prediction.
Previous events were held in Tarragona, Mexico City, and Trujillo.
The conference will address several of the current challenges in computational biology by investigating algorithms aimed at:
1. assembling sequence reads into a complete genome,
2. identifying gene structures in the genome,
3. recognizing regulatory motifs,
4. aligning nucleotides and comparing genomes,
5. reconstructing regulatory networks of genes, and
6. inferring the evolutionary phylogeny of species.
Particular focus will be put on methodology and significant room will be reserved to young scholars at the beginning of their career.
– Center for Research & Development in Mathematics and Applications (CIDMA). University of Aveiro.
– Institute of Electronics and Informatics Engineering of Aveiro (IEETA). University of Aveiro.
– Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics (GRLMC) from Rovira i Virgili University (URV)
AlCoB 2017 will take place in Aveiro, an industrial city with an important seaport on the Atlantic Ocean, and known as “the Portuguese Venice” due to its network of canals. The venue will be the Department of Mathematics of the University of Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro.
Topics of either theoretical or applied interest include, but are not limited to:
– Exact sequence analysis
– Approximate sequence analysis
– Pairwise sequence alignment
– Multiple sequence alignment
– Sequence assembly
– Genome rearrangement
– Regulatory motif finding
– Phylogeny reconstruction
– Phylogeny comparison
– Structure prediction
– Compressive genomics
– Proteomics: molecular pathways, interaction networks
– Transcriptomics: splicing variants, isoform inference and quantification, differential analysis
– Next-generation sequencing: population genomics, metagenomics, metatranscriptomics
– Microbiome analysis
– Systems biology
Authors are invited to submit non-anonymized papers in English presenting original and unpublished research. Papers should not exceed 12 single-spaced pages (including eventual appendices, references, proofs, graphics, etc.) and should be prepared according to the standard format for Springer Verlag’s LNCS series (see http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0).
Submissions have to be uploaded to: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=alcob2017.
The registration form can be found at: http://grammars.grlmc.com/AlCoB2017/Registration.php
January 29, 2017: Extended paper submission
February 28, 2017: Notification of paper acceptance or rejection
March 9, 2017: Final version of the paper for the LNCS/LNBI proceedings
March 9, 2017: Early registration
April 28, 2017: Poster submission
May 5, 2017: Notification of poster acceptance or rejection
May 22, 2017: Late registration
September 7, 2017: Submission to the journal special issue
Conference Website: http://grammars.grlmc.com/AlCoB2017/