Scientific field: Economics
We are looking for
For the upcoming academic year, the Operations Research and Logistics (ORL) group at Wageningen University has a vacancy for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor. In a challenging career path, you are responsible for teaching and conducting (applied) research related to the development and application of operations research and logistics methodology. The focus of research and education of this position will be a.o. on the circular economy in biobased (agri) supply chains.
Your main tasks will be:
– Conduct high-quality, original research and publish in high-ranked international journals;
– Initiate and jointly acquire new innovative research projects and conduct (inter)national research projects in the area of circular economy/closed loop supply chains;
– Participate in the supervision and coaching of PhD students;
– Develop and teach courses in bachelor, master, and PhD programs;
– Supervise BSc and MSc thesis projects and internships;
– Fulfil coordination tasks within the group and participate in committees on faculty level.
We are looking for a candidate with a demonstrable interest, ambition, and strong commitment to excellence in research and teaching. Candidates with a multidisciplinary interest and willingness to cross boundaries between disciplines are especially encouraged to apply. As an Assistant Professor at Wageningen University, you are excepted to be an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist, aiming to become a visible international leader, devoted to research and education. You have:
– a solid background in applied mathematics and demonstrable experience in Operations Research and Logistics research;
– a PhD-degree in Operations Research, Logistics Management, Operations/Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or a related area;
– experience or strong affinity with its application in the circular economy / closed loop supply chain management;
– enthusiasm to jointly work on project acquisition opportunities;
– a strong preference for working in interdisciplinary teams of scientists from different fields;
– excellent communication and collaboration skills;
– excellent didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
You are committed to learn Dutch (for non-Dutch speaking candidates) within 2 years of appointment.
We offer talented scientists a challenging career trajectory (Tenure Track). From the position of Assistant Professor, you can grow towards Associate and Full Professor positions. Training and coaching opportunities are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated. You will also be given the chance to build up your own research line.
As we will only be selecting outstanding candidates to take part in Tenure Track, this will be a good stepping stone to a further career within Wageningen University and Research or elsewhere.
Besides a competitive salary, we offer several additional benefits, such as an end-of-year extra month salary, a holiday allowance, and a pension plan with the Dutch pension fund for government and education ABP. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may also qualify for a special tax relief, in which 30% of their salary is exempt from tax.
Contract type: Temporary contract for 38 hours per week (Tenure Track). For more information, please visit our career website www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm.