Deadline extended: 12 February – Call for abstracts and papers – Special Session on “Metaheuristics in Cloud Computing”
MIC 2017 (Metaheuristics International Conference)
July 4-7, 2017 – Barcelona (Spain)
Session Organizers: Leonard Heilig, Eduardo Lalla-Ruiz, and Stefan Voß
Metaheuristics in Cloud Computing
We invite high quality papers either on the use of metaheuristics for solving related optimization problems or the application and assessment of metaheuristics within cloud environments for solving well-known optimization problems. Topics of interests include but are not limited to:
– Optimization of cloud-related problems (e.g., resource allocation, scheduling, redundancy allocation)
– Metaheuristics for energy management, data management, security, and reliability
– Metaheuristics for cloud brokerage
– Application of metaheuristics in cloud environments
– Application of metaheuristics to support decision making in different domains (e.g., logistics, smart cities, etc.)
– Design and development of cloud-based decision support systems
Selected works will be invited to a special issue in a high impact journal.
The 12th Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC 2017) will be held from July 4-7, 2017, at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. The MIC conference series was established in 1995 and this will be its twelfth edition. MIC is a leading academic event focusing on progress in the field of Metaheuristics and the resulting applications. As in previous editions, MIC 2017 will provide an opportunity for the international Metaheuristics research community to discuss recent research results, to develop new ideas and collaborations, and to meet old colleagues and make new connections in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
For more information about the event, please visit the conference website at: mic2017.upf.edu/.
Both MIC 2017 and MAEB 2017 events will be held at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) Ciutadella campus,located in the center of Barcelona, Spain.
Papers Submission webpage: