The 10th ICOTA Conference (ICOTA 10; http://iom.num.edu.mn/icota2016/) was celebrated in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, aiming to provide a forum for scientists, researchers, software developers and practitioners to exchange ideas and approaches, to present research findings and state-of-the-art solutions, to share experiences on potentials and limits and to open new avenues of research and developments on all issues and topics related to optimization and its applications. Co-Organizing Institutes of ICOTA 2016 were National University of Mongolia, University of the Humanities and German-Mongolian Institute for Resources and Technology. ICOTA is one of the official Conference series of POP, Pacific Optimization Research Activity Group. The Conference was prepared and conducted very successfully. Every participant enjoyed ICOTA 2016 thoroughly at both personal and professional levels. It was the largest Conference that ever took place in Mongolia.
There will be a SPECIAL ISSUE of the journal, “Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization” (NACO) related to ICOTA 2016. The overall aim of this Special Issue is to collect the latest researches and trends in the fields of Optimization, Optimal Control and Operational Research; therefore, we invite participants of ICOTA 2016, however, others are also welcome to submit papers.
Topics of Interest:
Manuscripts submitted to this Special Issue should be original, unpublished, not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere and should present novel, in-depth, fundamental research contributions either from a methodological perspective or from an application point of view. Quality and originality of the contribution are the main acceptance criteria. Proposed submissions may include but are not limited to:
– linear programming,
– nonlinear programming,
– integer programming,
– network programming,
– semi-definite programming,
– stochastic programming,
– dynamic programming,
– optimal control,
– global optimization,
– nonsmooth optimization,
– semi-infinite programming,
– multi-objective optimization,
– variational inequalities,
– complementarity problems,
– mathematical programs with equilibrium constraint,
– algorithm: design and analysis,
– implementation of traditional mathematical programming methodology,
– modern techniques (e.g., meta-heuristic) for combinatorial and continuous optimization, and
– modern applications in:
• nonlinear systems and stochastic system,
• control and optimal control,
• data/text mining from large databases,
• intelligent information and technology,
• systems science,
• knowledge management,
• information and communication networks,
• transportation, scheduling and logistics,
• economics, finance, game theory,
• industrial engineering, management science, and
• Operational Research.
Authors should follow the Guidelines available at the journal website via the link below:
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2016
Notification of the Final Decision: July 1, 2017
• Prof. Dr. Zhiyou Wu, School of Mathematical Sciences, Chongqing Normal University, Chongqing, China.
• Prof. Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. (Contact Person).
• Prof. Dr. Changjun Yu, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Curtin University, Perth, Australia, and Shanghai University, China.