Guides airline operations research in order to provide an ideation and innovation pipeline for new business ideas. Research focus is on delivering commercial flight optimization solutions. Working in a self-directed global team environment, performs a variety of duties, such as data, system and information analysis, system specifications & architecture, innovative/creative systems design with associated business value, and concept evaluations with user centered design approach. Areas of operational experience include, but are not limited to navigation, crew, fleet & maintenance optimization, and integrated aviation operations solutions. Investigates emerging technology & aviation market trends. Assists with coordination of internal and external customer consultations, demonstrations, and presentations. Assists with generation of high level estimates for R&D proposals. Collaborates with peers; coaches university students.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Serves as Support Matter Expert (SME) in Operations Research & Optimization providing deep domain expertise to peers, development, and management; coaches team members and directs future concepts, models, and simulation
• System and optimization analysis in a self-directed global team, including system specifications and architecture, innovative/creative systems, optimization & simulation design and concept evaluations with user centered design approach, applying known techniques in creative ways.
• Supports labor estimates for iteration planning and future project planning. Identifies and enlists internal and external partners to be used in departmental research efforts.
• Researches aviation market trends and conducts customer focused workshop to provide new business value proposition for future concept solutions
• Follows best practices from agile processes, works in an iterative and innovative project framework and supporting minimal documentation during concept development as appropriate to research environment. Makes recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
• Researches important targets and areas for innovation, including intellectual property submissions, patents, and publications.
• Communicates with internal and external stakeholders and customers, including iteration and design reviews, industry presentations, possible participation in industry working groups, R&D proposal reviews, and other support as needed.
• May oversee individual thesis and project work with university students, including working with universities to onboard students; establish national and international university relationships.
• Attends conferences and report out on trends and technologies identified.
• Highly motivated and experienced operations research professional who excels in building cohesive teams through mentoring and professional collaboration
• Typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Operations Research (OR),Optimization, Data Analysis, Operations management, or statistical modeling
• Analytical and strong conceptual design thinking
• System modeling and optimization of complex systems & data within business context
• Entrepreneurial initiative, innovative & out-of-the-box thinking
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills, can express him/herself fluently in English
• Strong team player with ability to work in self-directed team and a collaborative environment amongst business as well as academic partners
• Aviation industry knowledge is highly appreciated but not required
• Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
• Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
• Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
If you have any questions regarding the job – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A new challenge for you?
For more information about the company please visit www.jeppesen.com
Online application: http://careers.jeppesen.com/JobDescription.asp?SuperCategoryCode=14873&JobNumber=767167&lang=en