Pesquisa Operacional – ISSN 0101-7438 (Printed version), ISSN 1678-5142 (Online version)
Network models provide insights to tackle a variety of problems in such diverse areas as production, logistics, routing, location, among others. Network structures are largely present in many industrial and service contexts like supply chain, transportation, communication and natural systems. In spite of the fundamental developments achieved since the early days of Operations Research, the community still faces many challenges in the field, ranging from modeling paradigms for hard problems to the design and experimental evaluation of efficient methods and algorithms. In view of its importance and applicability, this special issue of Pesquisa Operacional aims to invite researchers to submit unpublished original works, reviews, or case-studies in the domain of optimization in networks. Topics include, but are not limited to:
Network design, Network flows;
* Optimal trees;
* Queuing networks;
* Vehicle routing, Arc-routing;
* Inventory-routing, E-services and smart cities;
* Stochastic and Nonlinear models in network optimization;
* Network equilibrium models;
* Vehicular networks;
* Complex networks, Social networking, crowdsourcing;
* Communication networks. Energy efficient network;
* Network reliability and resilience.
Contributions may cover exact methods, relaxation and lower bound schemes, approximate methods, heuristics and metaheuristics, hybrids methods, and integrated models arising from real-world situations as well.
Instructions to authors: http://www.scielo.br/pope
* Manuscript Submission Deadline: March 31, 2017
* Decision Notification: October 2017
* Publication Date: December 2017
Philippe Mahey, Université Blaise Pascal, France, email@example.com
Geraldo R. Mateus, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, firstname.lastname@example.org
Martín G. Ravetti, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Martin.email@example.com
Maurício C. de Souza, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries should be sent directly to any of the Guest Editors in charge of this issue.